A network of migrant advocates, including overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their families, women and children's rights advocates, church and religious networks and sectoral groups today expressed alarm over the series of death incidents of OFWs in government shelters in the Middle East.
Labor center Kilusang Mayo Uno mourned with the Filipino workers and people over the execution of the three Filipinos convicted of drug trafficking in China, and lambasted as “shallow” Pres. Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III’s order to concerned government agencies to make sure no Filipino will be used as drug mules by international syndicates again.
Migrante International expressess its deepest condolences and sympathies to the families of Sally Ordinario, Ramon Credo and Elizabeth Batain on this fateful day. The entire Filipino nation grieves with them and comes together in indignation with the Philippine government’s failure to save their lives.
The umbrella group Bagong Alyansang Makabayan joined the Filipino people in mourning the deaths of three Overseas Filipino Workers in China after they were executed following convictions on drug trafficking.
Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Libya and their families here are being oppressed many times over by the incompetence of the Aquino administration in ensuring their prompt evacuation from the strife-torn country.
Page 2 of 5
- GPH undermines basic peace agreements, refuses to respect and comply with JASIG
- Compliance with JASIG and the Oslo Joint Statements is not a precondition but an obligation
- GPH Negotiating Panel Chairperson Padilla gives notice of no formal talks next month
- Closing statement on the GPH-NDFP formal peace talks in Oslo
- Peace panels hold preliminary informal meetings in Hong Kong
- Bayan calls passage of “desap” bill a landmark victory but says assertion of rights remains key
- Fight the Aquino regime’s Cybercrime Law! Defend our rights! Uphold free speech on the internet!
- Down with the Ruling System that Brought About Martial Law!
- Martial Law anniversary: 40 years and still no justice
- Aquino violated every key labor right this year – KMU
- Vested interests taint Aquino’s Candidacy ABSTENTION FROM CARPER VOTE IN ’09 REVEALS REAL AGENDA
- Farmers, youth to Noynoy: Expect more protests for Hacienda Luisita Issue
- Noynoy should take responsibility and rectify the failure of the Corazon Aquino administration to implement genuine agrarian reform – Satur
- NORMIN FARMERS JOINS HACIENDA LUISITA STRUGGLE, URGES NOYNOY TO JUNK MEMO
- Land reform, justice for rights victims key to resolving Luisita conflict